i-Blog

Friday, April 21, 2006

Tour

This blog has been quite dormant for some time. Let me post something and break it.

Last weekend I have been on a tour to the highlands of Scotland. The itinerary included a cruise ride to an place called fionnport. I had all the usual excitements of getting on the cruise for the first time in my life, though it was not that grand one .I strolled on to upper decks, lower decks, parked my selves in the various lounges for sometime, ate some junk in that restaurant available in the cruise which was worst of its kind, captured the landscapes using my digi cam seen from the open decks on the top of the cruise etc etc. Finally I made a relaxing halt in one of the lounges.

Something struck and asked to question to myselves ’Wait a minute. In every place that I have visited in the cruise, not even a single figure has caught my attention.why? ’. Sensed something bizarre.

I looked around in all the directions to do a check and I could only find thaatha’s and paati’s.I thought that since it was very cold outside, all the thaatha’s and paati’s avoided being in the open decks and hence remained indoors. But I still was not convinced. I stood up and decided checking the other lounges and decks. As I made my way to the other places I was shocked to find thatha’s and patties everywhere.Oh My GOD!!!!.Have I joined the wrong tour.

75 percent of the people over there were thathaa’s & paaties and remaining 25 percent were less than 50 age group(and that’s us).

Later I learned that people over here usually find their own way by taking car or bicycle or even they trek.

Another instance where I witnessed this weirdness was on my way to Glasgow from craigmorn mountain, we drove the car through a ‘othaaai adi paadhai’. This route looked totally desolated and was free from traffic. The route was along the river bank and was looking wild. It was raining there and while we drove I was surprised to find couple of cars parked off the road in the river bank and tents raised. These people are gonna stay all night amidst bushes where it is completely devoid of habitation.
How daring….???
Is this how tours have to be??????

There is a huge difference in the perception of tour between us and the britishers

What an abrupt way to stop and a senseless conclusion.

3 Comments:

  • I am reminded of ur nonstop swearing during our dungar gang's little trek in hebri wen we literally had to walk on a layer of leeches.. with that umbrella of urs like "chinna cownder".. god am laughing aloud here.

    By Blogger Baker Street, at 7:48 PM  

  • Yeh, you are right. I still remember the way he was saying,
    Inimettu ithu mathiri oru trekla naan kandippa pogavae mattaen.

    Ha ha ha.. we, the dungar boys will strive to prevent you from achieving that. ha ha ha... let's do another leech-trek..

    By Blogger Swami, at 2:20 AM  

  • Dei Sai, where are the fotos da yeruma?
    dei dont u guys think its time for another dunger trip? SAi vera India varan, Mangal vera kelambaran yenna Swami, than miss pannuvan :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home